Meet Our Physicians
Our staff are all veteran pathologists with singular expertise in their specialties.
Brian Quigley, MD
- BS University of Missouri Columbia, 2004
- MD University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 2008
- Residency – University of South Florida School of Medicine, Tampa, FL 2008-2012
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 2012-2013
- American Board of Pathology 2012
Prior to joining Chestatee, Dr. Quigley spent 9 years at Emory University Hospital. After his Surgical Pathology Fellowship at there, his appointments included the following: Assistant Professor (2013-2021), Specialty Director of Gastrointestinal Pathology (2019-2021), and Associate Director of the Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship program (2019-2021). He was also the Chairman of the Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Fellowship Clinical Competency Committee from 2014 to 2021. As Specialty Director he was responsible for leading Emory’s GI Pathology QA conference held three times per week. Throughout his academic career he has helped train over a dozen GI pathology fellows and dozens of residents. He is widely published and his expertise in GI pathology led to numerous invitations to national and international seminars, lectureships and visiting professorships.
Ekaterina Castano, MD
- BA Russian State Pedagogical University (Teaching Spanish and English Languages Degree)
- BS Biology, Columbia University, NY
- MD State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Residency – Montefiore medical Center, University Hospital for Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Genitourinary and Renal Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine
- American Board of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology
Dr. Castano has authored numerous scientific articles on the subject of kidney disease published in peer-reviewed journals. Her past appointments include a position of a Medical Director of Nephrocor, a division of Bostwick Laboratories.
Michael McEachin, MD
- BA Mercer University, Georgia 1991
MBA The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 1993
MD Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 1999
Residency – Emory University Hospital, 2004
Dr. McEachin’s experiences include: Laboratory Director, American Health Associates Clinical Laboratories, Marietta, Georgia; pathologist at Piedmont Newnan Hospital, Newnan, Georgia.
Jo Marie Lyons, MD, FCAP, Emeritus
- BS Biology, Emory University, 1972
- MD Medical College of Georgia, 1976
- Residency – Adult Neurology, University of Minnesota Hospitals, 1980
- Anatomic Pathology, Emory University Hospital, 1993
- Board Certification – American Board of Pathology, 1994
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1982
- Fellow – College of American Pathologists, 1994
- Special Interests – Peripheral nerve and Neuromuscular Disorders
Dr. Lyons served as Assistant Professor of Anatomic Pathology which included covering neuropathology as well as resident teaching for six years at Emory School of Medicine. She spent ten years in private clinical practice in neurology prior to her pathology training. For the past twenty years, Dr. Lyons has practiced pathology in both a reference laboratory and hospital -based setting.
Robert Kevin Harrell, MD
- BS Biological Sciences, Microbiology, North Carolina State University, 1996
- MD University of North Carolina Schol of Medicine, Chapel Hill NC, 2000
- Residency – Emory University Hospital, 2004
- Fellowship – Surgical Pathology, Emory University Hospital, 2006
- American Board of Pathology, 2006
Prior to joining Chestatee Dr. Harrell was a pathologist and Medical Director at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. Dr. Harrell also spent several years as a pathology instructor and guest lecturer at Emory University School of Medicine. He is the author of several publications in his field.
Michael Koch, MD, FCAP
- BA Biochemistry, Swarthmore College, 1989
- MD University of Rochester, New York, 1995
- Residency – Emory University Department of Pathology, 2000
- Fellowship – Cytopathology and Soft Tissue Pathology, Emory University, 2000-2001
- Board Certification – American Board of Pathology, 2003
- Fellow – College of American Pathologists, 2003
- Special Interests – Soft Tissue Pathology, Cytopathology, Podiatric Pathology
Dr. Koch has been in private practice since 2001 after completing a soft tissue fellowship with Dr. Sharon Weiss at Emory. As a cytopathologist he has performed several thousand Fine Needle Aspirations (FNAs) of subcutaneous masses in the clinical office setting. Along with Dr. Cochran, he is a charter member of Emory Specialty Associates.
Henry Skelton, MD
- BS Biology, Duke University, 1973
- MD Medical College of Georgia, 1979
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology, 1984
- Dermatopathology, American Board of Pathology and American Board of Dermatology 1988
After retiring as a Captain from US Navy Medical Corps, Dr. Skelton served as a Professor at the Departments of Pathology and Dermatology as well as a Co-Director of the Dermatopatholgy Fellowship Program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Skelton’s experience prior to joining Chestatee include positions at Quest, and Dermpath & Derm Consultants as Senior Pathologist/Dermatopathologist. Dr. Skelton is a recipient of Meritorious Service Award, and Armed Forces Institute of Pathology Letter of Commendation. He is the author of numerous publications in his field.
Meenakshi Vij Gupta, MD
- MD – Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India 1987
- Residency – Anatomical and Clinical Pathology, Orlando Regional Medical Center 2003
- Fellowship – GI and Liver Pathology 2004, Neuropathology 2005, Emory University Hospital
- American Board of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology 2004
Dr. Gupta’s previous professional appointments include: Surgical Pathologist and Director of Laboratory Services, Medical Diagnostic Center, New Delhi, India; Chief Pathology Resident, Orlando Regional Medical Center; Cancer Committee and Infection Control Committee, West Georgia Health, La Grange, Georgia; Laboratory Director for Warm Springs Medical Center, and Piedmont Newnan Hospital in Georgia.
Lab and Healthcare Organizations of Which Chestatee or One or More of its Pathologists are Members
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- International Society of Urologic Pathologists (ISUP)
- Renal Pathology Society
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
- North Georgia Healthcare Association
- Emory Healthcare Network
- Southeastern Dermatologic Association
- Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery